Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Someday

Someday...

I will pee without 2 visitors -- one trying to brush my hair and the other trying to sit on my lap to read me a book.

I will use a public restroom without having a child open the door, exposing me, on the toilet, to the world.

I will enjoy a visit to the park that does not involve poop in any way.

My son will know that it is okay for the different foods on his plate to touch each other.

My son will eat a vegetable or fruit without the promise of chocolate or cookie. (Maybe not)

My daughter will stop falling off of things and smacking herself in the face.

My kids will sleep past 6:03 in the morning.


Someday, I will miss bathroom visitors, silly games played to entice my son to eat, kissing boo-boos on my daughter's forehead, and 6 a.m. wake-up calls from a little person standing next to my bed holding books.

Wishing for someday. But not wishing for someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment