Friday, August 17, 2012

Fancy

My husband and I had a discussion this morning about the use of the word "fancy."

Me: "You can bring a roast beef sandwich or soup for lunch" (as he is getting ready for work).
Him: "I don't need a lunch. I am going out to lunch with (co-worker)."
Me, in a jovially sarcastic tone: "Right. Have fun at your fancy lunch."
Him: "It is so funny to me that you think the places I go for lunch are fancy."
Me: "Well, are there children on your lap putting noodles in their hair?"
Him: "No."
Me: "Do you need to request crayons and a sippy cup with a lid from the waiter?"
Him: "No."
Me: "Can you order whatever you want, not just eat the rest of the kids' meals that they won't eat?"
Him: "Yep."

And finally, me: "Are you out of the house, sitting at a table with food and another grown-up, talking about real grown-up topics?"

Him: "Yeah..."

Me: "FANCY."

No comments:

Post a Comment