(Read about craft attempt #1 in previous post.)
After failing miserably at craft attempt #1, I actually went out and bought the necessary items for creating our own bird feeder. If you attempt this craft project with a hyper 2 year old, you may also learn the following:
1. He will freak out when glue touches his fingers, which means you will likely make most of the bird feeder yourself.
2. While waiting for the glue to dry, he will become bored because he cannot paint it immediately. He will amuse himself by ripping up all of the newspaper covering the kitchen floor into tiny little pieces. He will then proclaim with a grin, "I made a mess!"
3. He will find the most exciting part of the entire activity to be purposefully spilling birdseed all over the kitchen. He will restate the accomplishment of #2.
4. The project will take the entire day, the house will be trashed, and dinner will never be made.
5. When you hang the bird feeder on a tree outside, it will instantly fall apart.